Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Quick Update: Doctor Who Big Bang Generation

I tried to get into this book. I really did. But after several weeks of slowly picking at it, I've made it halfway through the story and I just can't get myself to care about the characters or the plot. It's a fairly short book, and I'm not entirely certain where the problem lays.
  • I like Dr. Who, but I don't live and breathe for the show. Maybe I'm not a big enough fan?
  • I haven't watched much of the show beyond when David Tennant was the Doctor. Maybe I'm not caught up enough? This story has the newest Doctor in it and he doesn't show up for almost half of the book.
  • Maybe I only like watching the show, instead of trying to read about wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey stuff. 
Whatever the case, I've made it halfway through and I still don't care, so I can't imagine it's going to get much better. I'll finish it, because I'm a completionist, but it'll be like eating your least favorite vegetable because you're just so used to cleaning off your plate. Doable, but not enjoyable. That being said, it isn't terrible, either. So don't be completely discouraged from trying this one out if you love the series. I think maybe it just wasn't for me.

This review is based on a free copy I received from Blogging for Books in exchange for a fair and honest review.



P.S. Last Minute Notes!
  1. I will be off on vacation for the next view weeks, so there won't be any updates through most of January. Sorry!
  2. I'm aware that my blog is doing strange and kooky things with this post. I don't know why. Several attempts to fix it have failed. Again, I'm sorry.
  3. I'm going to try to finish this book and have a proper review for it next time, so stay tuned!
And that's it! See you guys next year! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment